Welsh Pancake Recipe - İngilizce Yemek Tarifi
Welsh Pancake Recipe - İngilizce Yemek TarifiForum Alev
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
* 2 oz/ 55g butter
* 15 fl oz/ 450 ml warm buttermilk
* 10 oz/ 275g all purpose/plain flour
* 3 oz/ 75g sugar
* 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 tbsp vinegar
* 2 eggs, well beaten
* Stir the butter into the warmed buttermilk until melted. Gradually pour the milk and butter into the the flour and beat well. Leave the mixture to stand (for a few hours if possible)for at least 30 minutes.
* Stir the sugar, bicarbonate of soda, salt and vinegar into the beaten eggs. Pour this mixture into the flour and milk mixture and beat well to form a smooth batter.
* Heavily grease a griddle or hot-stone and heat. Drop the batter, a tablespoon at a time onto the heated griddle and bake over a moderate heat until golden brown on both sides, then keep warm. Continue until all the batter is used up.
Spread butter on each pancake and eat while warm.
Based on a recipe by Gilli Davies from her book Celtic Cuisine.